Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Old....

Yesterday I had an appointment with a cardiologist. They thought there was a problem with my heart. Good news! I am healthy! My body just got used to the blood pressure medicine they think. My test looked good.

But man, bifocals, cardiologists, the young man who said they didn't want old people around (indicating me), all blows to my self esteem.

I AM NOT OLD! My youngest son is 11 years old, I am not not old. In my mind I am still in my 20's is that how it happens? You end up in this shriveled up old body feeling like you are still in your 20's? I can't stop the aging process, and most people don't guess me to be in my 40's, (at least when my hair is colored, ha ha!)

I do like the wisdom that comes along with age. You don't do such stupid stuff, and you tend to think through your decisions and goals a little more. For that I am thankful.

Sometimes it amazes me the lack of logic my children have. I have to be careful because I tend to be very analytical, and they are just children, but I ask them questions and try to get them to reason things out for themselves. My favorite instance of this was when I was making hamburgers for dinner one night, and my son came in and asked, "what's for dinner?" I told him chicken corden bleu, he said, "no sir, it's hamburgers" you can imagine the conversation that followed! He is much more logical now!

Well gotta get to work, kids off to school and all the stuff that goes into my day!

No comments: