Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bifocals

Old age? Or just a lot of use of my eyes? I prefer to think of it as my eyes have been used up to their required mileage and they need a little extra boost! I got bifocals yesterday. I am praying that God will heal my eyes. I don't like bifocals. I can't get use to that line across my glasses. They assure me I will get used to it but I feel frustrated with the effort.

BUT.....I can SEE!!! Whoooo hooooo! I have put off getting glasses for so long because I knew this would be an inevitability. But the first thing I did when I got in my car was to pull out my bible with the tiny print and I could read it! It was so exciting. I haven't even been able to read a giant print bible, my eyes have been so bad. I can study my books, read my bible and learn at a more accelerated pace again! I am so ecstatic!

So vanity and implication versus life and function.

Function wins!

No comments: