Sunday, October 23, 2005

Getting Smart

With age comes wisdom, of this I am thankful!
Every year I am terribly disappointed because me birthday comes.
When I was a kid, my mother made a big deal out of our birthdays, it was our special day. We got our favorite dinner we were made to feel as if we were queen(or king) for a day. She made cupcakes for us to take to school for the other kids, and at school everyone celebrated your day.

Ah well the realities of life quickly showed up when I became an adult. Now? You wake up and if I am lucky I will get a happy birthday greeting, usually from my youngest son. He is sentimental that way. And then we go about our usual day, I fix dinner for everyone, NOT my favorite meal, because no one would eat it, but me. And the day is done....sigh....

BUT enough of the doldrums, NOT this year! I told a friend of mine that I wanted him (no not a boyfriend we are JUST friends) to take me to St. Louis to see another friend of ours for my birthday. We have been talking about this trip for sometime and I asked for it the weekend of my birthday. Probably no one will sing to me, probably no one will have a cake for me, probably no one will even get me a present but you know what? That is okay, going on a trip and not expecting any more than to be doing some traveling and having fun with friends will be enough. And if you expect nothing you can't be disappointed!

And as it works out, a friend of ours is in crisis and we are hoping to be able to talk to him and bring him back around to get his focus back in place. I believe that my steps are orchestrated by a higher power and that this is all coming together quite convienently.

I can't wait!

No comments: