Saturday, July 18, 2009

Doing well

I am doing well so far. I lost 1 more pound and I walked a mile this morning. Last night I walked the dogs around the "large block" maybe a mile, I haven't measured it yet. I went at a steady pace and wasn't tired! I didn't even get winded. I was so amazed! I notice too that I seem to have more energy. You would think two weeks time wouldn't be enough for that but it is! I am finding that instead of sitting in front of the computer and watching TV that I get up and take breaks and do little chores around the house. My daughter has more energy as well. She did all of the laundry, folded it and put it away! Normally she is too tired to do much more than sit in front of the TV as well. I am so excited about the changes that I see. My daughter lost weight as well.
I really must get some almond butter to make a salad dressing that was posted on Dr. Fuhrman's website. It sounded delicious.
I also find that I like being in the kitchen much more now that we are eating this new way. I used to hate to cook. Now I rather enjoy it. It is simplistic in style and not so much work. Of course after our first 6 weeks there will be other things to try but for now I like it a lot.
I have noticed my taste buds changing as well. I drank hot tea this morning with no sugar or milk and it was fine. I was chewing a piece of romaine lettuce last night an actually thought it tasted good.

Another thing that struck me(yea I think too much!) I have so many people watching me to see how this is going to work. Just like I watched my friend Emily and saw her change her life, people are now watching me. Will I make it? Will I stick with it?
My sister is starting next week and she told me I was her inspiration. One of my daughters friends are watching too, their daughter is gaining weight at a rapid pace and needs to eat right. She would benefit so much from this. If she sees my daughter lose her weight I am sure she will follow along. People at work are watching me, people on my facebook page are sending me IM's and messages saying they bought Dr. Fuhrmans book and they are starting Eat to Live soon. It is wild! It is as if everyone knows that what we are eating is not working and they want to change but they just don't know how to. It is like a domino effect. That in and of itself is enough incentive to stay on this healthy way of eating.

No comments: