Friday, December 23, 2005

It's been a while

I guess it has been awhile since I have blogged. I have been so busy with classes, the kids, life...
Where do I begin - I guess chronological order would be good.
First we found out my son has a learning disability - dyslexia. This has taken a lot of my time and energy because I want him to be successful in school and go to college. I feel like to let him fail in school I will fail him by not helping him. Somedays this takes a LOT of time and energy to help him with his homework.
Classes were challenging this semester, but I enjoyed it. I had to write several paper one was on the historical and archaelogocial proof for the tower of babel. Quite fascinating!
The next paper was on pro-gay theology. You have to choose a controversial subject and definitely be on one side of it. This topic was very taxing as both sides have very convincing arguments but it was if the bigger picture was coming into focus as I did this paper. It was mentally exhausting, but very fulfilling by the time I finished. I ended up with a B in the class, but since I had tried 3 times before to pass this class I am more than satisfied with a B. I didn't have the english classes when I was in high school and besides it was so LONG ago! haha!
Next on the list is my sister's business. I have jumped in with both feet to help her build her business and make it successful. We are a good match, she if very market saavy and business minded and likes schmuzing with the big dogs. Me on the other hand, I am perfectly content to be in the background, create and be creative, and provide customer service. It is a tad confusing because my sister is the sole proprieter and I am an employee of sorts but yet she refers to me as her partner. I don't quite know how to act or react in this situation.
More later....

No comments: