Wednesday, July 09, 2008

One more day....

One more day, I pull myself out of bed and live the American Dream....ha ha ha ha! I read the book rich dad, poor dad, and realize that the american dream of working hard, getting a good paycheck, saving up a little for retirement is a waste of time. The rich didn't get rich by working hard for a paycheck, that just covered their expenses. They got rich because they took chances, they stepped out of their safe little box and on faith they leaped and landed on their feet.

I hate this life. I hate the fact that I can't trust my kids because of what their father has taught them. He has taught them disrespect towards me, towards committments, and he has taught them to be bigots, racists and angry.

Anger can be a good thing, it can force change and I am not going to sit here and wallow in this anger. Things are going to change. I don't care if I have to take a huge cut in pay to get out of this job.

I want to make a difference in this world instead of just working for the paycheck to cover the bills. I don't need things to be happy, they really only make you more miserable because you have to clean around all of those "things" and store them and they cause stress.

I would be happier working in a small town with enough money to pay the expenses if it meant doing something I love versus working at a big company and meeting the expenses in a job I hate. Money helps aid in getting to happiness, but true happiness is being surrounded by the love of those who care about you and who you care about, and making a positive difference in this world.

So how will I find this utopia?

No comments: