Friday, July 10, 2009

New Beginnings

I have read Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" and I am ready to change the way I eat. I had no idea how badly I have been feeding my daughter, and myself. I have literally been feeding myself to death.

At this point I am about 130 pounds overweight, I am pre-diabetic, I have high blood pressure, depression, colon issues, kidney stones and nephrocalcinosis. I have dry scaly patches on my skin, blotches on my face and gray hair since I was 20 years old. I have severe pain in my neck every day of my life. (chiropractor once told me that I had arthritis in my neck from a car accident) I have allergies, asthma, and I am exhausted all the time. I rarely have enough energy to barely function.

I would like to see several things happen by starting this new eating style. First and most importantly I want my health back. I want the neck pain to go away, I want the high blood pressure to be gone, my sugar levels normal, my energy back and lastly I want to lose weight.

I have seen my friend Emily lose over 100 pounds in 10 months eating more food than she was before! Click here to see her transformation She has inspired me and my daughter and I are ready to to do this thing.

If you read Dr. Fuhrmans book it will change your life.
I will be posting pictures of myself and putting my statistics here. Weight loss, health improvements, like blood pressure and glucose levels.

I will be posting the whole experience here. How I am feeling, the struggles I am having and the triumphs I am sure to encounter! I am so excited and can't wait to begin this journey. I will be posting my daughters progress as well. She is 16 and weighs more than myself. She also has health problems as well. She is dedicated to changing as much as I am, which is helpful for both of us.

We went through the cupboards and have gotten rid of all of the food we shouldn't eat. I hate to give it to anyone else knowing how bad it could be for anyone else but alas..not everyone is going to feel the same way I do and there are a lot of hungry people out there.

I can't wait to become the new me. I think it will help my job situation as well. Should the job I have now not be permanent as I have been told, then I should have an easier time finding the job I want when I am 100 pounds lighter and thin! People may think I am wrong but it doesn't matter how talented you are if when you walk in to be interviewed they are repulsed by your weight and biased. Maybe this is not true, but it will remain to be seen!
Keep watching!

No comments: